Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PCAD Fashion Show



So this is what I did for my summer 2008. I took up summer class in Pennsylvania College of Arts and Design and learn in a period of more or less 60 hours total, I learned to illustrate, use watercolor, make a pattern and most of all sew. Yup, I did, sew 2 dresses and hmmm, I'm proud of it hahaha....

Chrissy is so dependable, I can always ask her to model for me. Besides she fit into my dresses like it was made for her. Actually, I gave this tiger dress to her after the show. And yup, that is the audience. Hehehe parents and friends of my classmates.



So here are some shots of the show, and that is my black and white dress and tiger print dress. I know it could have been better, but hey, give me a break, I don't know how to sew in the first place, and now I have more respect for all well constructed dresses out there, it is not easy.


My lunch mate in her own design, Helen Kho and Mae my teacher.

thanks Beryl and Tim for coming to see my toe dipping in fashion design. And yes this is my recycled dress, made of ribbons and some Christmas trimmings which i think of Marushka.
Whatever that means. OOooooo I really love Christian Lacroix. hahahaha.
But I have to keep my day Job. But if ever I see a beautiful garment I can't help but think I can really make a good interpretation of it. The mall rack is soooo mass produced.


No comments: